Life is stressful and sometimes it really becomes tough to cope with all the difficulties and anxieties of life. And when everything goes wrong, I generally pamper myself with a luxurious, indulgent bath. And surprisingly enough, my nerves calm down and I start to handle things more coolly with much clarity.
Now I know that you are finding it hard to believe, but it’s true for me. Nothing is more relaxing and relieving than taking a shower. When you take a shower, you can withdraw yourself from the din and bustle of everyday life and you can immerse yourself in your own world. Isn’t it amazing? That 15-20 minutes which you take while taking a bath is completely yours and you can roam around your own imaginary world that is far from the cacophony of this real world.
However, to make the bathing experience more exotic and pleasant, the role of a body wash is unrivaled. A body wash can transform your entire experience in something magnetic where you can totally lose yourself. While soap can make your skin dry and coarse, a body wash assuredly makes your skin soft and supple.
Hence to get a spa-like experience at your home, the best way will be to pick up a body wash that not only smells amazing but also keeps your skin at its best. Nonetheless, countless body washes are available in the Indian market, and to choose one or two among them is quite a daunting task. To ease that up, we have already prepared a list of 10 best body washes for women, but before let’s gather some information regarding a body wash.
What is Body Wash?
Body wash is generally a liquid cleanser which is made of emollients and mild surfactants which create foamy lather to cleanse your skin. Body wash is not harsh or abrasive like soap; it hydrates and nourishes skin without stripping off the moisture from the skin.
Why You Should Use A Body Wash:
Using body wash has several benefits which are:
- Like soap, body wash does not strip off the moisture from your skin; consequently, your skin becomes soft and supple. As body wash comes with the goodness of different oils and emollients, it nourishes and hydrates skin adequately.
- Most of the body washes generally have a beautiful, intoxicating smell which at once enlivens your mood and keeps you refreshed for whole day long.
- Body wash is extremely easy to use, just take a small amount on your sponge or loofah, lather it well and then massage your entire body with that. This will abolish all the dirt and grime from your skin and will leave you clean and refreshed.
- You can use a body wash to prepare your sugar scrub. To prepare your own customized sugar scrub, you have to garner 2-3 cups of sugar, ¼ cup of almond oil, ¼ cup of olive oil and 2-3 teaspoons of your body wash. After mixing all those ingredients well, gently massage that to your skin for exfoliating your skin.
How To Select A Body Wash:
- At first, you have to consider your skin type. If you have dry skin, the body washes which are creamier will be the perfect choice for you. If your skin is oily and you sweat excessively you have to choose something which is a little strong.
- Always look for the ingredients which the body wash uses. If you find ingredients like parabens, SLS, SLES, you should steer clear from that body wash as those ingredients are harmful for your skin.
- If you are suffering from dull skin, choose a body wash that has exfoliating properties and contain refreshing ingredients like lime, strawberry or kiwi, which will not only nourish your skin but will also keep your skin rejuvenated.
Best Body Washes for Women in India
Now, it’s time that we provide you our list containing best body washes for women:
1. Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Body Wash
This body wash from Aveeno is a great option if you have dry skin as it is considered as the best shower gel for dry skin.
As it is stuffed with natural emollients, it draws water from the environment and traps the moisture within your skin; as a result your skin remains hydrated and moisturized.
It contains oats kernel extracts which work as a wonderful skin cleanser to remove the dirt and grime from your skin. Sunflower oil, another ingredient is loaded with Vitamin A and E which not only perform as great antioxidants but also regenerate damaged skin cells.
This body wash as a whole replenishes skin, hydrates skin and makes skin healthier and radiant.
- Has loads of natural emollients.
- Replenishes skin and keeps skin rejuvenated.
- Skin becomes soft, smooth and supple.
- Extremely gentle on sensitive skin.
2. Biotique Bio Apricot Refreshing Body Wash
After spending a decade using soap, you are in search of a body wash that can hydrate as well as nourish your skin, right? Then this Biotique body wash is what you need as it is considered as the best body wash for women in India.
It amalgamates the goodness of fresh apricot kernel oil, wild turmeric, turmeric, ritha, kuda and Himalayan water. Apricot, the nutritious fruit is enriched with Vitamin A, E, linoleic acid, oleic acid and minerals which keep skin cells hydrated by removing the dryness and flakiness.
Besides, being a natural exfoliator it removes the dead skin cells that consequently make skin smooth and radiant. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties which soothe and heal skin and it also revitalizes skin by bringing out the natural glow and radiance of skin.
- 100% soap free gel that comes with the virtues of Apricot, turmeric, kurchi and soap nut.
- It cleanses skin deeply.
- Moisturizes and hydrates skin.
- Does not strip off the moisture from the skin.
- Free from harmful chemicals.
- Can have a darkening effect for sensitive skin.
3. Dove Deeply Nourishing Body Wash
Have your skin become extremely rough and crusty? If yes, then you are going to fall for this body wash from Dove which can be called the best shower gel for women.
It incorporates Nutrium Moisture with mild cleansers that restore the natural moisture of your skin only to make your skin soft, smooth and plump.
Its natural skin nourishment helps to seal the moisture within the skin and maintains skin’s moisture barrier. The rich lather which it creates will instantly eradicate all the dirt and grime from your skin and will make your skin replenished and rejuvenated.
- Equipped with NutriumMoisture technology that proffers natural nutrients to the skin.
- Furnishes deep nourishment.
- Restores skin’s natural moisture barrier.
- Extremely gentle to your skin.
- Can be used daily.
- The consistency is a bit runny.
4. Pears Natural Brightening Pomegranate Bodywash
Are you in search for a body wash that is infused with natural ingredients? This body wash will be the most befitting choice for you as it comes with the goodness of 100% natural ingredients.
It is loaded with the virtues of pomegranate, rose water and glycerin. The pomegranate being enriched with Vitamin C, it on the one hand defends skin against free radicals and on the other hand, it brightens dull skin. Rosewater conditions skin, reduces redness and soothes skin from within. Being an excellent emollient, glycerin restores the moisture balance of skin and provides immense hydration to skin.
- Contains 100% natural ingredients such as pomegranate, glycerin and rose water.
- Provides sufficient amount of antioxidants.
- Brightens and rejuvenates skin.
- Skin feels extremely soft and supple.
- Not suitable for winter.
5. StBotanica Moroccan Argan Oil Ultra Nourishing Body Wash
Here comes the body wash which is not only nourishing but also has an exotic fragrance, for which it is considered as the best smelling body wash for women.
The extremely moisturizing shower gel is enriched with ingredients like avocado oil, almond oil, honey, jojoba oil, Moroccan argon oil, licorice, sugarcane and lotus.
Argan oil serves manifold purposes such as it safeguards skin against sun damage, proffers intense hydration and keeps the signs of ageing at bay. Almond oil brightens skin and reduces the appearance of scars and spots. Avocado oil is loaded with Vitamin E, lecithin, potassium and oleic acid which collectively moisturizes skin, increases collagen production and augments the healing process.
- Consists of nutritious oils and other refreshing ingredients.
- The rich moisturizing lather dissolves all traces of dirt and grime.
- Brightens skin texture and tone.
- Leaves skin intensely moisturized and hydrated.
- Enhances the luminosity of skin.
- Free from parabens, SLS, SLES and mineral oils.
- Can make skin oily during summer.
6. WOW Skin Science Japanese Cherry Blossom Foaming Body Wash
Let me take a guess, you sweat excessively which always emanates a foul smell, right? Then look nowhere, you are going to love this body wash which has a long-lasting fragrance.
Infused with skin-loving bioactives such as Shea butter, Argan oil, Vitamin E and Japanese Cherry blossom, this body wash has countless benefits such as it restores the flexibility and elasticity of skin, makes skin soft, fights free radicals, improves the moisture level, repairs skin’s natural barrier to promote soft, supple skin and eradicates all impurities from skin.
- Leaves skin clean, clear and refreshed.
- Keeps skin hydrated for a prolonged period of time.
- Furnishes an adequate amount of antioxidants that fight against free radicals.
- Makes skin toxin-free.
- May not suitable for dry skin.
7. NIVEA Shower Gel, Water Lily & Oil Body Wash
While talking about body washes, this body wash from NIVEA is one of the best body washes for women in India.
Being enriched with care oil pearls, it deeply moisturizes your skin making it soft and supple. Water lily within it provides antioxidants, fights against free radicals and leaves skin deeply moisturized and hydrated.
- The invigorating scent of water lily lifts your mood and keeps you refreshed.
- The cleansing formula is extremely effective.
- Maintains the natural pH balance of skin.
- Comes with hydra IQ 24th moisture technology which gifts you soft and supple skin.
- Not suitable for oily skin.
8. Palmolive Body Wash Aroma Absolute Relax Shower Gel
This shower gel is unparalleled when the point comes to providing a relaxing aroma.
The pleasant aroma is not only intoxicating senses but also cleanses skin deeply by removing all those impurities from your skin. Filled with ingredients like exotic Ylang Ylang, Iris extracts, it purifies skin, boosts the regenerative process of skin, regulates sebum production and provides deep nourishment and hydration.
- Gives a soothing and relaxing experience.
- Purifies skin.
- Augments the regenerative process of skin.
- Regulates the sebum production of skin.
- Runny in texture.
9. The Body Shop British Rose Shower Gel
This body wash from Body Shop guarantees that you wake your skin with the irresistibly dewy scent of roses. And the great part is that it is infused with the essence of hand-picked roses from Britain to vouchsafe you a luxurious showering experience.
As rose contains high amount of Vitamin C and E, it, on the one hand, keeps skin elastic and flexible and on the other hand moisturizes skin deeply.
- Gentle on skin.
- Nourishes and moisturizes skin.
- Restores the firmness and flexibility of skin.
- Makes skin bright and radiant.
- Slightly pricey.
10. Dettol Body Wash and Shower Gel
Finally comes this Dettol body wash which is not only refreshing but it is also extremely refreshing.
One of its main ingredients is Yuzu citrus which not only keeps skin bacteria-free but also helps skin to remain firm and flexible. It ensures to keep your skin odor-free for at least 12 long hours. Besides hydrating your skin, it energizes and rejuvenates your skin.
- Provides 12 hour complete protection from germs and odor.
- Yuzu citrus moisturizes and rejuvenates skin.
- Makes skin soft and supple.
- Restores the natural pH balance of skin.
- Dermatologically tested.
- Does not create sufficient lather.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use body wash every day?
As soaps are extremely rough and abrasive, they strip off the moisture from our skin and kill the good bacteria that reside in our skin. But body washes are not that much rough and they come with the goodness of different nourishing ingredients. Hence they do not strip off the natural moisture from your skin; instead, they nourish and hydrate your skin. Therefore you can use body wash every day, there is no harm in that.
How can I use a body wash properly?
You can use a body wash using your hands, a sponge or a loofah. At first take a dollop of body wash to your sponge or loofah, lather it well and then gently rub your entire body with that. Do not scrub your skin vehemently, as that can damage your skin. When the scrubbing is done, wash generously with water and after the shower apply a body lotion to lock the moisture within your skin.
- Sweat-Proof Makeup: 8 Experts’ Tips to Keep You Looking Fresh
- 6 Easy Ways To Remove Blackheads at Home
- 10 Perfect Color Combination for Dress Material for Women
- 10 Best Skin Tightening Creams for Face in India
Hence girl, if your skin has become dull and lusterless due to your excessive use of soaps, it’s high time that you should pay heed to the problem of your skin. Your skin definitely needs some care and pampering and to start that what can be more befitting than using a body wash.
And to pick a body wash for your skin, note down the above body washes which are the best body washes for women; rely on them and experience the magical transformation of your skin.
Table of Contents