Do you always strive to achieve a celeb-like flawless skin? Do you ever spend your time wondering about the secret behind Deepika Padukone’s glamorous skin? I know you think and want to achieve that incredible skin which is free from any spots and other imperfections. Then darling let me tell you that the reason behind impeccable skin is a vitamin C serum that can single-handedly fix almost all your issues.
Vitamin C can literally do a miracle for your skin as its benefits are manifold such as it is enriched with numerous active ingredients which are responsible for the health and well-being of your skin, it defends skin against the signs of aging and it brightens your overall complexion. Therefore including a vitamin C serum in your beauty regimen is a must thing to do.
However, these days the market is being flooded with tens of thousands of skincare products and Vitamin C serum is also one of them. Each company is making promises to offer you that flawless skin but beware girl, don’t become a victim of such assurances as all of them will not be able to do what they are promising.
You have to pay extra attention to pick the right products for you and we are here to help you in picking the best vitamin C serum in India. For your assistance and help, we are going to provide you a list containing the best vitamin C serums in India. But before that, let’s find out some necessary information regarding a vitamin C serum.
What is a Vitamin C serum?
Vitamin C serum is a skincare product that is stuffed with vitamin C. The consistency of this is like a liquid or gel that is generally applied topically to the skin.
Why You Should Use a Vitamin C Serum?
Vitamin C serum has numerous benefits, some of which are:
- Vitamin C resists the transepidermal loss of water because of which the skin remains hydrated and moisturized.
- It helps to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots by preventing the production of melanin.
- Being a potential antioxidant vitamin C fights against free radicals and protects skin against sun damage.
- It augments the cell renewal process that in return stimulates the healing of wounds.
- It increases the production of collagen which in return helps to restore the elasticity and firmness of skin.
- As it increases the production of collagen, it fades the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and creases. It smoothens out the overall tone and texture of skin.
How to Apply a Vitamin C Serum?
At first, wash your face using a gentle face cleanser and pat your face dry. Now refine your pores by applying your favorite toner and wait for a few minutes and then take your vitamin C serum and gently massage your entire face. After applying the serum, finish off the process by applying a suitable moisturizer.
10 Best vitamin C serums in India
Now it’s time to see some best vitamin C serums in India:
1. Mamaearth Skin Illuminate Vitamin C Serum
When the point comes to choosing a vitamin C serum, this serum from Mamaearth is reliable and can be considered as one of the best vitamin C serums for face. It will not only restore the lost radiance and brightness but it will also nourish and sustain your skin from within.
As ingredients, it consists of Squalane, Nymphaea, Alba flower extract, turmeric and vitamin C. The Alba flower extract provides intense moisturization, regenerates skin, strengthens capillaries and soothes irritation and inflammation. Squalane detoxifies skin, protects skin, hydrates skin and rejuvenates skin.
The antioxidant within it helps to fight against free radicals and boosts the production of collagen. Turmeric within it makes skin lustrous, besides the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric smooth and calm skin.
Moreover, the vitamin C within it minimizes the appearance of pores, tightens skin and makes skin firm and flexible. It, on the one hand, erases fine lines, wrinkles and on the other hand, smoothens out the surface of the skin by activating the cells called fibroblasts which are responsible for making new collagen.
- Lightens dark spots, pigmentation and prevents melanin production.
- Gives your skin a radiant glow.
- Decreases the appearance of fine lines, creases and wrinkles.
- Makes skin firm and flexible.
- Comes with the goodness of bioactive.
- Dermatologically tested.
- Free from sulphates, parabens, SLS, SLES, Petroleum, artificial colors and preservatives.
- Not suitable for sensitive skin.
2. WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Serum
This vitamin C serum from WOW Skin Science promises to give you relief from dull and patchy skin. This 20% vitamin C serum adds luster and shines to your skin and your skin becomes luscious and revitalized.
In addition to vitamin C, it contains witch hazel extract and Hyaluronic acid. Witch hazel extract is loaded with skin clarifying tannin and other nutrients that rejuvenate skin, repair skin, refine skin and reduce redness and irritation. Hyaluronic acid is a moisture-binding molecule which holds up to 1000 times its weight in water and helps to provide intense hydration and moisturization.
The active vitamin C within it is a source of antioxidants that not only neutralizes free radicals but also reduces the appearance of dark spots and blemishes. The skin becomes supple, luminous and soft.
- Contains 20% vitamin C.
- Reduces dark spots, acne spots and blemishes.
- Proffers intense hydration and nourishment.
- Dull looking skin becomes radiant and luminous.
- Protects from skin damage.
- Improves the overall complexion of skin.
- Has an anti-aging effect that helps to minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- May give a burning sensation.
3. StBotanica Vitamin C Professional Face Serum
This serum from StBotanica is one of the best dermatologist-recommended vitamin C serums in India.
The main ingredients of this potent formula are Jojoba oil, tea tree, aloe vera, witch hazel, geranium, Hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C. Jojoba oil being loaded with minerals and nutrients nourishes and moisturizes skin and protects skin against any bacterial or fungal infections.
Geranium in it not only soothes irritation of the skin but also defends skin against bacterial eruption. While tea tree guards skin against acne, pimple, Hyaluronic acid provides intense moisturization and hydration.
Vitamin C lightens dark spots, pigmentation and helps to fade fine lines and wrinkles. This serum is also enhanced by vitamin E whose antioxidant powers not only help to stabilize free radicals but also tighten pores and firm skin.
- Helps to repair the damage done by UV radiation.
- Is enriched with powerful natural ingredients.
- Reduces dark spots, blemishes and facial marks.
- Helps to erase the signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Free from SLS, SLES, Silicones, parabens and Mineral oils.
- Slightly thick in consistency.
4. The Body Avenue Vitamin C Serum for Face
Your skin is excessively oily and patchy, right? Then this serum from Body Avenue is what you want as it is one of the best vitamin C serums for oily skin.
This serum is a unique formulation made of active ingredients such as vitamin E, ginger oil, mandarin oil, witch hazel extract, glycerin, Hyaluronic acid, allantoin and more. It safeguards skin against the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays, stimulates collagen production, makes skin radiant and luminous and arrests the speedy process of aging.
- Guards skin against sun damage.
- Provides a sufficient amount of antioxidants to stabilize free radicals.
- Arrests the speedy progress of aging.
- Exfoliates and brightens skin.
- Boosts collagen production and gifts you firmer and plumper skin.
- Nourishes and moisturizes skin.
- Smell is not good
5. Khadi Essentials Vitamin C Face Serum
The brand khadi essentials provide you the opportunity to delve into an experience that emanates from the manifestation of Ayurveda which has withstood the testing of time. This magical serum is like an elixir that will rejuvenate and resuscitate your skin in no time.
It comes with the goodness of vitamin C, Hyaluronic acid, retinol, green tea and jojoba. The non-greasy formula nourishes skin intensely and works deeply on multitude skin layers soothing the skin’s texture.
Consistent use of this elixir assures glowing, radiant and spotless skin. As it contains green tea it prevents all those nasty pimples and acne, for this it is considered the best vitamin C serum for acne-prone skin.
- Protects skin from premature aging, UV damage, redness and irritation.
- Stabilizes free radicals by supplying an adequate amount of antioxidants.
- Add glow and radiance to the skin.
- Improves skin’s elasticity and reduces the fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- Nothing special
6. Luxura Sciences Vitamin C Serum
If you are in search of a good and reliable vitamin C serum, then this serum is the most appropriate option for you as it is one of the best vitamin C serums in India.
The powerful serum helps to maintain the collagen level of skin hydrates skin and protects skin against the damaging impact of UV rays. The daisy flower extracts and ferulic acid within it tighten skin and make your skin firm and soft. Besides, it restores the normal pH balance of skin and soothes irritation and inflammation.
- Gets absorbed easily.
- Makes skin young, rejuvenated and radiant.
- Provides up to 8 fold antioxidant protection.
- Comes with the goodness of natural ingredients.
- Pimple may breakouts
7. Honest Choice Vitamin C Serum
Is your skin is losing its natural glow and radiance? Then this vitamin C serum is the best option to go with as it on the one hand stimulates the production of collagen and on the other hand, brightens the texture of your skin.
Being enriched with premium ingredients from natural sources, this antioxidant-rich formula restores the youthful appearance of your skin.
- Reduces the appearance of sun spots, hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration.
- Moisturizes and makes skin supple and plump.
- Refines pores and tightens facial muscles.
- Augments the production of collagen and restores vibrant, youthful look.
- Decreases the formation of wrinkles.
- May aggravate acne and pimple.
8. Irem Vitamin C Serum for Face
This great pick combines the goodness of aloe vera, Hyaluronic acid, grape seed extract and vitamin C. It hydrates and nourishes skin, shields skin against photoaging and soothes irritation, sunburn. It also increases the production of collagen which is the building block of skin that makes skin firm and invigorating.
- Gives relief from premature signs of ageing.
- Prevents acne breakout.
- Fights against free radicals and helps to fade fine lines, wrinkles.
- The concentration of vitamin C is low.
9. WishCare Vitamin C Serum
This penultimate pick is another great choice if you want to invest in a good vitamin C serum.
It is stuffed with ingredients like retinol, Hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, aloe vera, calendula, berries, kiwi and tamarind. It serves several purposes such as it amplifies collagen production, fades fine lines, hydrates skin and lightens the appearance of dark spots, blemishes and hyperpigmentation.
- Vouchsafes you radiant, glowing skin.
- Boosts the production of collagen.
- Hydrates and moisturizes skin.
- Evens out skin tone.
- Takes time to show result.
10. Vital Organics Vitamin C Serum
Do you feel extremely frustrated and dejected regarding your pigmented and tanned skin? Then girl you should fall back upon this serum as it is one of the best vitamin C serums in India.
Being an amalgamation of retinol, vitamin C, E and Ferulic acid it erases fine lines, wrinkles, minimizes dark spots and makes skin radiant and lustrous.
- Penetrates 8 times more than other vitamin C serum.
- Helps skin to fight against fine lines and wrinkles.
- Minimizes dark spots and pigmentation.
- Boosts the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- Nothing special
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does vitamin C serum do for the skin?
Vitamin C is one of those ingredients which can do a miracle for skin. The benefits of using vitamin C serum are many such as it provides ample amount of antioxidants which fight against the free radicals to give your skin a wrinkle-free glow, it augments the production of collagen so that your skin can look firm and toned, it reduces the appearances of dark spots, blemishes and pigmentation and it smoothens out the texture of overall skin.
Can I use vitamin C serum every day?
Yes, you can use vitamin c serum every night before going to the bed. When you sleep, the repairing process of skin grows optimal and if you use vitamin C at this time, it helps to repair the damage done by factors like environmental pollution or UV rays.
How often should I use a vitamin C serum?
You can apply a vitamin serum once or twice a day. At first, you have to cleanse your face, use a toner and then massage your skin with a suitable vitamin C serum followed by a moisturizer. While using a vitamin C serum you have to apply a sunscreen while stepping out in the sun.
Does vitamin C lightens skin?
Yes, vitamin c can lighten dark spots and hyperpigmentation of skin. As vitamin C decreases the production of melanin, the hyperpigmentation and brown spots gradually fade over time. It also provides an adequate amount of antioxidants which shield skin against UVA and UVB rays and gradually the tanning and darker patches get removed.
What are the side effects of vitamin C?
Though Vitamin c does not have any serious side effects but in some cases, it may generate itching, irritation, redness and tingling sensation. It also can increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
You May Like:
- Top 7 Best Makeup Removers in India For All Skin Types
- 8 Nail Polish Colors That Every Woman Should Have
- 10 Best Eye Creams for Dark Circles in India (That Actually Work!)
- Home Remedies To Get Rid of Dry Skin on The Face
Hence you have already known the benefits of using a vitamin C serum for your skin. Vitamin C serum can be the elixir of your skin if it is chosen correctly, besides it can fix all the issues of your skin.
The above list which we have delivered contains the best vitamin c serums in India, just pick up any of them and watch your skin beaming like the moon.