Age is cruel; as we grow older, we face several changes in our health conditions. We lose our energy, activity and become fragile. Like our health, our skin cannot evade the teeth and claws of age. It is inevitable that our skin shows all those signs of ageing such as droopiness, sagginess, wrinkles, crinkles and crow’s feet.
However, there are times when we want to feel young- the dazzling outfit, the gorgeous stiletto, the shapewear to achieve that perfect shape- all are there but when you look into the mirror you feel aghast by watching your own reflection fraught with wrinkles and fine lines, right?
As your skin starts to show the signs of ageing, you tend to lose confidence regarding your appearance and you feel nervous thinking that you will look bad with your sagging and drooping skin. And let me tell you one thing if you don’t look after your skin, this problem will worsen. With proper care and pampering, you can slow down the speedy process of ageing.
You are probably thinking that it is extremely complicated to take care of mature skin especially when you have to deal with sagging skin. But it is not like that, you have to maintain some simple tips such as a healthy diet, proper sleep and giving up smoking and drinking.
Moreover, to resist the skin sagging, what you need to do is that investing in some good skincare products. With the progress of time, the collagen level of your skin gets depleted; hence you have to choose those products that can give a boost to your collagen production which in return increases the elasticity and firmness of your skin.
Now you will be relieved to know that millions of skin tightening creams and skincare products are available out there. And some of them are really matchless in doing their job, but surely you have to find them. But before providing you the list of best skin tightening creams for face in India, let me provide you some rudimentary things regarding ageing skin.
What are the causes of saggy skin?
Flexible and firm skin is easily stretchable and if skin loses this ability it starts to sag. The causes which are majorly responsible for saggy skin are:
- Ageing: There are mainly two proteins in the dermis- one is elastin and the other is collagen. Elastin maintains the elasticity of skin and collagen on the other hand maintains the structure of skin. As skin ages, the level of these proteins gets decreased and as a result, skin loses its firmness and elasticity.
- Excessive exposure to the sun: Excessive exposure to the sun is another reason for premature ageing. The harmful UV rays of sun easily penetrate into the skin which in return damages the elastic fibers of skin and skin loses its firmness and flexibility.
- Environmental pollution: Environmental pollution triggers free radicals which increases the process of ageing. The pollutants generally break down the healthy oils of skin; consequently, skin becomes dry and dehydrated which in the long run makes skin saggy.
- Weight loss: If you carry an extended amount of weight for a prolonged period of time, the collagen and elastin fibers get damaged. But when you lose this weight, it becomes harder for your skin to snap back; as a result your skin becomes saggy.
Why you need a tightening cream?
Skin tightening creams are especially designed to lift skin by increasing its flexibility and firmness. These creams fight against the signs of ageing, by keeping wrinkles and fine lines at an arm’s length. Being equipped with groundbreaking fixing they can refurbish the texture of your skin.
Moreover, these creams increase the production of collagen and elastin which as a result augment skin’s elasticity by reducing sagginess.
How to choose the right skin tightening cream?
While choosing a skin tightening cream you have to be cautious because each cream available in the market cannot deal with your issue. The tips which you should remember before choosing a skin tightening cream are:
- You have to scrutinize the ingredients. The cream should include Vitamin C, retinol, collagen-boosting peptides, Hyaluronic acid, caffeine, Polyglutamic Acid (PGA), Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA).
- You should always rely on some reputable company while buying a skin tightening cream.
- Always try to avoid those which have harmful chemical ingredients such as parabens, sulphates, SLS or SLES.
- Invest on products which have gone through multiple scientific tests and trials to prove their efficacy and effectiveness.
Best Skin Tightening Creams for Face in India
Now let’s go through the list containing the best skin tightening creams for face in India:
1. Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Sculpting Night Creme
This cream from Lakme ensures to vouchsafe your skin flexibility, youth and radiance.
It is formulated with Insta- Collagen boosters which increase the production of collagen and elastin fibers which are responsible for the firmness and flexibility of skin.
The luminizing pearls within it makes your complexion radiant by minimizing the appearances of spots and blemishes. You have to apply it before going to bed, it will work throughout the night to repair and rejuvenate your skin.
- Formulated with insta-collagen boosters.
- Increases the production of collagen and elastin.
- Niacinamide strengthens skin’s barrier.
- Smoothens out the overall texture of skin by reducing the spots and blemishes.
- Luminizing pearls make skin fairer and brighter.
- Dermatologically tested.
- Stimulates the skin cell renewal process.
- May take time to show result.
2. Lotus Professional Skin Firming Anti Ageing Creme
Here comes one of the best skin tightening creams for face and neck. This cream from Lotus is extremely effective and will not disappoint you, that is for sure!
It amalgamates effective herbal ingredients and innovative formula which work together to remove all those signs of ageing. The active ingredients of this potent cream are bilberry fruit extracts which are a storehouse of Vitamin C, green tea extracts which provide an ample amount of antioxidants and fenugreek seeds which restore the vitality and youth glow of skin.
This cream increases the cell renewal process which in return diminishes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crinkles. Besides, it helps to fade age spots, blemishes and increases the elasticity and flexibility of skin.
- Contains bioactive ingredients like green tea extracts and fenugreek seeds and bilberry fruit extracts.
- Speeds up skin cell renewal process.
- Diminishes the appearances of fine lines, wrinkles and crinkles.
- Augments the production of collagen.
- Improves skin’s elasticity and flexibility.
- Restores the vitality and radiance of skin.
- Not suitable for those who have oily skin.
- Contains mineral oil.
3. Palmer’s Skin Firming Lotion
If you are in pursuit of such a product which is efficacious as well as affordable, this lotion is ideal for you. This lotion is on the one hand will not make a hole in your pocket and on the hand fixes the problem of sagging skin.
It comes with the goodness of cocoa butter, Shea butter, ginseng, Vitamin E and co-enzyme Q10. Cocoa butter being enriched with fatty acids, it not only hydrates skin immensely but also forms a protective barrier so that the skin does not lose its moisture.
The fat within it moisturizes skin deeply which in return increases the elasticity of skin. While Shea butter soothes and tones skin, Vitamin E furnishes antioxidants that fight against free radicals to keep the signs of ageing at bay.
Ginseng is another amazing ingredient of this lotion that performs several skin benefits such as refines and rehydrates skin, augments blood circulation, regenerates skin by increasing oxygenation and detoxifies the blood. And Coenzyme Q10 boosts collagen production that keeps skin firm and flexible.
- Provides nourishment and intense hydration.
- Stimulates collagen production to keep skin firm and elastic.
- Provides sufficient amount of antioxidants which fight against free radicals.
- Regenerates skin by increasing oxygenation.
- Visibly improves the texture of your skin.
- Revitalize and rejuvenates skin.
- Not suitable for oily acne-prone skin.
4. Good Vibes Grape Seed Skin Tightening Facial Oil
If your skin is severely sagging, this oil will be your holy grail; I can guarantee you in that.
Being enriched with the goodness of grapeseed oil, it provides you sufficient amount of antioxidants which fortifies skin against free radicals and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Grapeseed oil has loads of Vitamin E that increases the production of collagen which makes your skin more flexible and elastic. When applies consistently and regularly, it can uplift your skin by removing sagginess.
- Is enriched with the goodness of grapeseed oil.
- Uplifts skin.
- Prevents skin sagging.
- Helps to fade the appearances of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Brightens overall complexion.
- Smells pungent.
5. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer
This wonderful cream from Neutrogena can be considered as one of the best skin tightening creams for face in India.
As the Accelerated Retinol SA of this formula is superior to other forms of Vitamin A, it renews the surface of the skin and fades the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It also corrects the uneven skin tone and provides intensive moisturization and hydration.
Hyaluronic Acid within it restores the skin’s moisture that as a result makes skin replenished and rejuvenated. The Glucose Complex strengthens skin’s barrier by accelerating skin’s surface activity.
- Is powered with accelerated retinol which is the most stable version of vitamin A.
- Hydrates and nourishes skin deeply.
- Erases the stubborn wrinkles including crow’s feet and cheek’s wrinkles.
- Smoothens out the texture of skin.
- Brightens complexion.
- Dermatologically tested.
- Slightly expensive.
6. Mamaearth Whitening and Tightening Face Day Cream
Let me guess, you are a minimalist person, hence you are in search of a product that works both as a day cream and a skin tightening cream, right? Then, look nowhere because this cream from Mamaearth is exactly what you want.
This lightweight formula is loaded with ingredients like pomegranate oil, moringa oil, mulberry extracts and murumuru butter. As pomegranate oil moisturizes skin deeply, the skin becomes extremely soft and supple. Moringa oil shields skin against the harmful impact of environmental pollution, as a result skin becomes rejuvenated and revived. While mulberry extracts safeguard skin against sun, murumuru butter increases the elasticity and flexibility of skin.
- Eliminates sun tan and fades spots and blemishes.
- Remove impurities from skin as a result skin becomes fresh and radiant.
- Being lightweight it penetrates into the skin easily.
- Proffers intense moisturization.
- Guards skin against environmental pollution.
- Moisturizes and hydrates skin deeply.
- Can cause excessive sweating.
7. Olay Night Anti-Ageing Moisturiser Cream
When the topic comes to choosing a suitable tightening or anti-ageing cream, what can be better than this cream which is considered as the best skin tightening cream for face in India?
It contains niacinamide, green tea, vitamin C and E. Niacinamide helps to build up keratin, a protein which is highly responsible for keeping skin firm and flexible. Green tea protects skin against pollutants and keeps skin revived and resuscitated. Vitamin C augments the production of collagen which is responsible to thicken dermis and to diminish fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin E is stuffed with antioxidants which defends skin against free radicals.
- Makes skin smooth, soft and supple.
- Evens out skin tone.
- Brightens complexion.
- Refines and tones pores.
- Erases age spots.
- Increases flexibility and firmness.
- Moisturizes and hydrates.
- May cause breakout and pimple.
8. Blue Nectar Anti Ageing Day and Night Cream
This effective potion is another option which can gift you radiant and youthful skin.
It amalgamates the goodness of 14 Ayurvedic herbs which collectively help to resist the signs of ageing. Saffron within it brightens complexion by removing those unwanted spots and blemishes. Sandalwood soothes skin and reverses sun damage. Aloe vera nourishes skin and abolishes the signs of ageing.
- Improves skin elasticity.
- Eradicates fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hydrates skin deeply.
- Rejuvenates and revives skin.
- Eliminates dullness and restore youthful radiance.
- Not pocket-friendly.
9. Pink Madison Skin Tightening Collagen Cream
Do you want to give your skin something which is luxurious as well as extra pampering? Then go for this cream which is also considered one of the best skin tightening creams for face and neck.
This luxurious cream is especially designed to boost collagen production which in return will transform the entire appearance of your skin. It evens out skin and vouchsafes you more youthful and radiant skin. With consistent use it eliminates wrinkles and fine lines.
- Boosts collagen level.
- Puts an end to fine lines, crinkles and wrinkles.
- Increases the elasticity and flexibility of skin.
- Provides unparalleled protection against environmental damage.
- Equips skin with sufficient amount of antioxidants.
- Extremely expensive.
10. Biotique Bio WheatGerm Youthful Night Cream
Last but not the least; this ultimate pick is for those who are searching for a pocket-friendly yet effective anti-ageing cream.
Wheat Germ oil within it provides a sufficient amount of Vitamin A, D and lecithin which nourish and protect skin from environmental pollutants and dryness. Sunflower oil soothes inflammation, minimizes fine lines and provides antioxidants. The other effective ingredients within it repair skin tissues, firms, tones and safeguard skin against sun damage.
- Moisturizes and nourishes skin.
- Strengthens skin’s barrier.
- Makes skin vital and rejuvenated.
- Corrects tone.
- Makes skin smooth.
- Not suitable during summer.
Side effects of skin Tightening Cream
Skin tightening creams generally do not have any side effects. But some Skin tightening creams contain polymers, excessive use of which can make skin sticky and greasy. Again those skin tightening creams which contain harmful chemicals can pose a threat to the health of your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
From when should I start to use a skin tightening cream?
There is not a particular age but you should start to use a firming or tightening cream between your 20s and 30s, from that time your skin generally shows the premature signs of ageing. If you start taking care of your skin in that age, you can arrest the speedy process of ageing such as sagging and fine lines.
Do skin tightening creams work?
Yes, skin tightening creams actually work. Those creams which contain retinol, Vitamin C, Hyaluronic acid, niacinamide can tone and repair skin. The creams containing those ingredients actually increase the production of collagen which keeps skin firm and flexible.
You May Also Like:
- 9 Oily Skin Care Tips To Manage Your Skin
- Top 10 Best Sunscreen Lotions in India
- 8 Nail Polish Colors That Every Woman Should Have
- Top 10 Best Smudge Proof Kajals in India
We live in a scientific age where everything is possible and surely science can deal with your issue of sagging skin. In this age of innovation, there are numerous skincare products that can actually fix your issue of ageing skin. The above products are the best skin tightening creams for face in India; do invest in them and reverse the signs of ageing.