Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing are the three irreplaceable and indispensable parts of everybody’s skincare regimen. Cleansing obviously cleanses the face and removes dirt, pollutants and impurities from the surface of the face. Moisturizers, as the name suggests, moisturizes the face, hydrates it and nourishes it. Toning, which has become more popular in recent times, makes the skin of the face more ready to absorb the goodness of the moisturizers.
In this article, we will discuss the best toners for oily skin in India to hopefully help you choose from among the umpteen collection of the best toners for oily skin and open pores. A good toner for oily skin tightens the pores of the skin, removes dirt from the deepest pores, maintains the oil and pH balance of the skin, and helps the skin to readily absorb the nourishment lent by the moisturizer.
Toners have made it to the shelves of your skincare products only recently when people started realizing the difference made by the clear liquid on the glow of the facial skin. It not only enhances the freshness of the look of the skin but also positively impacts the skin in several ways.
If the issue of controlling the oiliness of the skin is what has been weighing you down, I can assure you that a good toner for oily skin will solve your problem to a noticeable extent. The best toners for oily and acne-prone skin helps in hydrating the oily pores of the skin and absorb the excess oil from the face to help you look fresh and glam for a longer skin time.
Acne and pimples are mostly by-products of oily skin. At times they are also caused by internal health factors such as hormonal changes, improper functioning of the digestive system, etc. But everything said and done, using a good toner for oily skin may help you get rid of that problem on the surface.
So, let us go through the best toners for oily skin in India in the following segment.
Best Toners for Oily Skin in India
Although we are now aware of the utility and impact of a good toner for oily skin, choosing the right product from among the humongous choice of skincare products is a nightmare for many. Never mind, we have got your back. We humbly present you with the best toners for oily, acne-prone skin and open pores so you have a clear idea of what might be the right fit for your skin.
Let’s take a walk through some of the best toners for oily skin:
1. Plum Green Tea Alcohol Free Toner
With the goodness of the green tea which is full of antioxidants, this toner is an awesome fit for removing hyperpigmentation and marks of acne and pimple. The alcohol-free nature of the toner makes it the best toner for oily and acne-prone skin since it is gentle on the skin and guards the face against any sort of harshness.
- Green tea hydrates the skin from within.
- It fights with the bacteria of the skin which aids in acne and pimple.
- It helps in achieving the goal of evenly toned skin.
- Glycolic acid, one of its main ingredients, helps in deep cleaning the skin and removing the layer of dead skin cells, thus adding to the glow and glam of the face.
- Sodium gluconate conditions the skin and makes it softer and more hydrated.
- Free from harsh chemicals, parabens and SLS.
- Cruelty-free and 100% vegan.
- Can make the skin a little too dry.
- Its hydrating action is not as much as its cleaning action.
2. Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner
This is the best toner for oily skin and open pores, since, as the name suggests, this toner helps in tightening the pore of the facial skin. What follows a tightening of pores is fewer crowfeet around the eyes and a delay in forming wrinkles and other signs of ageing. These properties have helped this toner to be regarded among the best toners for oily skin in India.
Pick this toner if you have normal to oily skin and want to refresh and hydrate your face with an awesome cooling effect and delay your ageing to a considerable degree.
- The anti-bacterial properties of Daruhaldi prevent frequent breakouts, acne and pimples.
- Dhania, which is rich in Vitamin C, beta-carotene and antioxidants lends softness, suppleness and glow to the skin.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of Majuphal ensure that the product will not cause irritation on application to sensitive skin.
- Pudina helps in toning the pores, rejuvenating the skin and provide it with impeccable brightness.
- The cucumber refreshes the skin and gives it a cooling effect.
- This product is purely organic and free from preservatives.
- May cause irritation in very sensitive skin.
3. Urban Biotics – Pure & Natural Rose Water/Skin Toner
We are all aware of the goodness of rose water for bringing the face to an even tone and brightening the skin from inside. The purity of rose water used in this toner makes it earn its place among the best toners for oily skin in India.
It is such a good toner for oily skin because the sprayer further ensures that there is no middle agent like cotton balls for applying it to the face, which reduces the chances of its contamination. Also, the chemical-free organic nature of the toner makes it one of the best toners for oily, acne-prone skin.
- Very efficient for rejuvenating tired skin and hydrating it.
- It works wonders in maintaining the natural pH balance of the skin.
- Its antioxidants and anti-fungal properties help in preventing pimples and acne on the face.
- It is a good toner for oily skin since it blocks open pores caused by frequent pimples.
- Absorbs excess oil and improves the water retention capacity of the skin.
- Adds glow to the complexion by gently exfoliating dead skin cells.
- Helps in removing dirt and pollutants from deep inside the pores.
- Free from artificial fragrances and preservatives.
- Since it is made from totally natural products, it can appear to be quite cloudy after a few days of use.
4. RE’ EQUIL Pore Refining Face Toner
This toner is regarded as one of the best toners for oily skin in India because of its unique blend of 9 botanical extracts. This toner is the best toner for oily acne-prone skin and sensitive skin. Its active ingredient witch hazel makes it different from the other toner because of its rich anti-inflammatory properties which guarantee zero irritation, redness, patchiness and allergic reaction to the toner.
Grab your own pack if you want to control your sweat and pimples by adding just one good toner to your skincare regimen.
- A perfect way to hydrate the skin before makeup.
- Other than Witch Hazel, it contains the most amazing allantoin which is a great moisturiser for the skin.
- Nasturtium officinale works wonders by reducing the chances of pimples and acne due to its anti-microbial properties.
- Great for tightening the pores of the face.
- Adds a glow to the face.
- Removes blackheads while undergoing deep cleaning.
- Free from harsh parabens.
- The smell is too strong.
5. Minimalist Alcohol Free Face Toner
The brand Minimalist has become one of the most sought-after products to add to one’s skincare regimen due to its proven visible results. So, it is no surprise that the toner offered by it is among the best toners for oily skin in India.
This toner is free from alcohol and is, therefore, gentle on the skin. It is a good toner for oily skin as it hydrates the skin from within and prevents breakouts of acne on the face due to the deep cleaning and exfoliating action of the PHA contained in it.
This product also enhances the defence mechanisms of the skin due to the impact of probiotics which lend their anti-microbial properties to achieve your goal of a clear, glowing face.
So, pick your own pack and bask in the warm glow given by this amazing toner.
- Penetrates the skin pores slowly, efficiently and deeply to heal and act on the skin from within.
- Tightens the pores by hydrating the skin fully with the hyaluronic acid and polyglutamic acid contained in it.
- Controls the pH level of the skin.
- Fully balances the ecosystem of the skin of the face.
- Free from sulphates, silicon and parabens.
- Does not act on acne scars.
6. Good Vibes Green Tea Glow Toner
Good vibes is a relatively new brand that has earned the trust of the customers in no time due to its organic and amazing composition which targets the precise problem related to skin and hair and efficiently finds a solution to it. This toner, from the house of Good Vibes is also among the best toners for oily skin in India due to this very reason.
This cruelty-free toner is easy on the pockets while its awesome spray packaging helps in even application of the liquid toner to the face. So, why wait? Grab your own pack now to experience the magic!
- Maintains the natural moisture of the skin.
- Green tea purifies the skin and helps it fight the pimple and acne-causing microbes.
- Proven to make the skin soft, supple and glowing.
- The tea tree oil in the toner is extremely beneficial for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- A good toner for oily skin since it maintains the oil balance of the skin and tightens the pores.
- Great hydrator for the skin.
- Suitable for normal to oily skin.
- Amazing fragrance.
- Free from harmful parabens, sulphates and alcohol.
- Does not have a very long shelf life.
7. Belle Vita Organic Glowner Face Toner
This spray toner which is infused with the goodness of floral herbs is one of the best toners for oily skin in India due to its efficient toning of oily and acne-prone skin. It is a great choice if you are looking for a natural ayurvedic product to look after the requirements of the skin. It is a good toner for oily skin as it considerably reduces the chances of clogging of pores and controls sebum.
- Delays the process of ageing by tightening the pores of the skin.
- The antibacterial properties of basil help in preventing breakouts like acne and pimples on the face.
- Cucumber refreshes and rejuvenates face, giving it a youthful and vibrant look.
- Aloe vera sooths the skin after the pimples and acne has caused irritation to the skin.
- Rose water cleanses the pores and prevents clogging.
- Great naturally mild exfoliator which controls oil secretion of oily skin.
- These ingredients shield the face from dirt and pollutants.
- Maintains the natural pH balance of the skin.
- Softens the skin and adds glow to the face.
- Very lightweight.
- Organic ingredients.
- Visible results only with continuous use.
8. Lakme Absolute Pore Fix Toner
From the house of our widely trusted brand Lakme, this toner is a great way to start the makeup regimen for our day-to-day skin care. This is one of the best toners for oily skin in India as it removes the excess oil from the skin and controls it, thus allowing the skin to breathe and be more glowing.
Grab this good toner for oily skin and say goodbye to your worries regarding oily and acne-prone skin.
- Lavender is a very gentle remedy for preventing acne and also healing the wounds resulting from them.
- Witch hazel ensures that it is suitable for sensitive skin due to frequent breakouts.
- Tightens the pores of the face.
- Deep cleansing.
- Sweet smell.
- A very small amount is required to achieve desired results.
- A bit heavy on the pockets.
- Works slowly.
9. Wow Skin Science Vitamin C Skin Mist Toner
Wow offers one of the best toners for oily skin in India which is infused with the goodness of Lemon Essential Oil, Orange Essential Oil, hazel and extracts from the miraculous aloe vera. It is a deep but gentle cleanser for the skin and repairs skin damage.
Get your own pack if you want to experience the magic when science, technology and nature come in a single bottle.
- Lemon Essential Oil fights and kills the pimple-causing bacteria from the pores of the skin.
- Orange Essential Oil has antiseptic properties which help in detoxifying the skin from deep within its pores.
- Hazel prevents inflammations on the skin.
- Lightens the dark spots.
- Aloe vera heals wounds due to breakouts and helps in moisturising the skin.
- Vitamins A, B, C, D & E helps in repairing the skin from within.
- Delays the process of ageing of skin.
- Hydrates the skin and controls the oil of the skin.
- Adds firmness to the skin.
- Rejuvenates dull skin.
- Does not contain parabens, sulphates and mineral oil.
- Might cause an allergic reaction.
10. The Natural Wash Rose Water Spray
This toner may be regarded to be among the best toners for oily skin in India mainly because of its manufacturing process. The steam distilled technique which is used in its formulation ensures the purest quality of the ingredients that are safe to be applied to the skin.
Have your own bottle to experience the goodness of technology and nature.
- Maintains the oil balance of skin by not making it too oily or too dry.
- Removes all impurities from within the pores.
- Maintains the optimum pH level for the skin.
- It can also be used as a makeup remover.
- Niacinamide provides a soothing effect to the skin.
- Glycolic acid and hyaluronic acid help in moisture retention and nourishment of the skin.
- Carrot ensures that the toxins are flushed from the skin, giving it a clean and pure look.
- Gently exfoliates dead skin cells, thus minimising chances of pimple and acne.
- Fresh and dewy smell.
- Does not contain harsh chemicals or paraben.
- Not very suitable for hypersensitive skin.
How to Identify a Good Toner for Oily Skin?
It is very easy to fool the unaware public about newly launched products by misleading advertisements and commissioned reviews. In order to prevent being misled, it is important to read and analyze the label. Here’s a short guide on how to choose the right toner for oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin.
It is important to go through the ingredients used in manufacturing a certain product in order to determine whether they will suffice in providing a solution to skin problems. Every manufacturer is required by law to accurately mention the ingredient list on the label so that there are fewer chances of misleading the public.
- Precise requirements
It is extremely important to understand the concerns one wants to address using a certain product. So, analyze the ingredients to fully understand the extent to which the product will be able to deliver on its promise.
In recent times, almost every person is a fan of skincare and they practice it religiously. People from all walks of life are trying hard to ensure that their skin is healthy and for that, wisely selecting each product so that they are not heavy on the pockets is very important. Choosing the best product from your price range is a skill that everyone should acquire with practice.
- Shelf life
Everyone should practice zero wastage even when it comes to makeup and skincare products. Thus, it is very important to understand the size of the pack to be purchased so that no amount of product gets wasted due to expiry.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are toners substitutes for moisturizers?
No, toners are not used as substitutes for moisturizers. They are used to enhance the effect of moisturizers.
How should we apply toner?
We should apply toners using cotton balls or our bare hands.
When should we use toner?
We should use a toner after washing our face with a gentle and suitable cleanser.
How frequently should we apply toner?
We should use toners as much as twice a day on a clean dry face.
Though the popularity of toners has gained significance only recently, it has become an indispensable part of the skincare regimen for conscious people. It is of utmost importance that we use only the best toner for oily skin with open pores and we can only hope that the best toners for oily skin in India suffice to lead the skin of your face to a brighter tomorrow!
Table of Contents