The season of occasions and festivities has dawned upon all of India and we are ready to run from pillar to post to bring a celebratory glow and radiance to our skin. We often wait for parlor treatments to gift us with radiant skin, which not only consists of various harmful chemicals on most occasions but also is quite heavy on the pockets.
Not to worry, your wish is our command. In this article, we will be discussing simple hacks for glowing and radiant skin at home which will turn your lives, almost Bollywood style. You can always save up on the chemical treatments and invest it in something else that makes your celebrations a bit more joyful and happening.
So, let’s have a look at the simple hacks for glowing and radiant skin at home which are easy on your pockets but rich on the skin.
1. Drink plenty of water
As we all know, hydrating is one of the most important necessities for healthy skin. Hence, drinking around 3 to 5 liters of water every day is a great hack for glowing and radiant skin. Water not only reaches all the cells but also flushes out the toxins from your body making your digestive system healthy.
A healthy and happy digestive system tones your body, boosts metabolism and adds a radiant glow to the skin. Therefore, a very simple hack for glowing and radiant skin is to drink plenty of water in a smart and fun way.
In addition to drinking plenty of water, there are also a few tips you can follow in order to maximize the benefits of drinking sufficient water:
a) Drinking lukewarm water after meals and workouts
Blood circulation is very important for healthy, glowing, and radiant skin. Lukewarm water is known to help in blood circulation which has a visible impact on the skin.
Lukewarm water also helps in flushing out the toxins from the body by diluting them, thereby helping the kidneys and adding a glow to the skin. Additionally, lukewarm water helps in relieving a lot of problems of the digestive system such as constipation and metabolism, which indirectly helps in adding glow to the skin.
After meals and workouts, the temperature of our body rises to a great extent, but our body craves water. So, the best option is to drink lukewarm water after meals and workouts in order to maximize the effects of the benefits of hydrating the body.
b) Adding lemon juice to lukewarm water
In order to further maximize the benefits of lukewarm water, you can add a zing of citrus fruits to the water. It will act as a great detoxifier for the body if it is consumed just after waking up, the first thing to drink in the morning. It makes the body alkaline and helps the skin to glow and radiate.
c) Adding amla juice to lukewarm water
Consuming amla juice to lukewarm water the first thing in the morning also makes the body alkaline. It also helps in detoxifying the body and is great for the body because it is filled with antioxidants and Vitamin C which helps the skin to glow and radiate. It helps in making the skin free of pimples and acne and it is a very simple hack for glowing and radiant skin at home.
d) Adding aloe vera juice to lukewarm water
Aloe vera juice is not only a great source of nutrients and vitamins but also offers great protection from the harmful UV rays of the sun. It is also full of antioxidants which help in detoxifying the body and aids in liver function. A healthy liver ensures a good digestive system. Glowing and radiant skin is ancillary to having a well-functioning digestive system.
e) Drinking fenugreek water
If you add a few fenugreek seeds (also known as methi) to water and allow it to soak it overnight, consuming it in the morning poses numerous health benefits. Methi is known to have a cooling effect on the body and strengthen the liver. It is an antioxidant as well as an anti-inflammatory by nature and helps in attaining your skin goal of having glowing and radiant skin.
f) Drinking cumin water
You can prepare this in the same way as fenugreek water. Just add a spoonful of cumin seeds in a glass full of water and soak it overnight. It will be the best and most simple hack for glowing and radiant skin at home.
It is full of antioxidants and has antibacterial properties which prevent the formation of acne and pimples on the face. It also prevents a lot of skin infections. You can consume this water throughout the day in small amounts.
g) Drinking raisin water
You can prepare this by soaking 8-10 raisins in a glass full of water and heating the water to a lukewarm temperature after straining out the raisins. It is a great way of hydrating the body and helps you in getting rid of pigments. You will get clear, glowing, and radiating skin with continuous use.
h) Drinking detox water
You will find numerous recipes for detox water all over the internet, but we will recommend you our favorite recipe. All you have to do is take a glass jar full of water and add tulsi leaves, mint leaves, cucumber, lemon slices, and a few drops of honey to it. Close the lid and leave it overnight. The next day, you can drink the water for the entire day.
Detox water, as the name suggests, is great for flushing out the toxins from the body which will inevitably lead to clear skin. Aside from all the numerous benefits that it has on the kidney, liver, intestines, and blood circulation, it also gives you healthy, glowing, and radiant skin.
2. Use various homemade packs and masks
Aside from hydration, CTM (cleansing, toning, and moisturizing) the skin is very important if you want healthy, glowing and radiant skin. In this segment, we will share with you a few easy recipes to make homemade packs for nourishing the skin from the inside and out. Most of these are kitchen ingredients and are traditional and simple hacks for glowing and radiant skin at home. Applying these for 20 mins once every week and washing them off with lukewarm water will show visible changes in the skin.
a) Methi face pack
This is the simplest face pack for glowing and radiating skin. Do you remember the overnight soaked methis that you strained before drinking the methi water? Just store them for 3-4 days or soak 1 tablespoon of methi seeds and soak them overnight in water at room temperature. Then strain the seeds and mix them into a fine paste. Add a pinch of turmeric to it and some aloe vera extracts.
- The antibacterial properties of methi prevent the growth of acne and pimples.
- The aloe vera extracts make the skin smoother and remove pigmentation.
- Aloe vera also helps in hydrating the skin and gets rid of any dryness.
- The turmeric helps in bringing glow and radiance to the skin.
- It can be used all over the body.
b) Besan and Curd Face pack
For this face pack, take a tablespoon of besan and add 2 tablespoons of curd to it. To the smooth paste, add a little bit of rosewater and a pinch of lemon. Your face pack is ready.
- The lactic acid in the homemade curd acts as a natural cleanser and gently exfoliates the dead skin cells out of the skin.
- It also helps in lightening any scars or marks on the skin such as pigments, freckles, and blemishes.
- For oily skin, lemon works wonders by reducing the probability of experiencing breakouts of acne and pimples.
- Rosewater helps in opening the pores so that the goodness of the pack can be fully absorbed by the skin, and also hydrates the skin.
- Rosewater also gives it a mild cooling effect.
- Besan helps in giving the skin that glowing and radiant effect that we all crave.
- Besan also helps in minimising the tan marks on the body.
- The homemade yogurt also nourishes the skin and gets rid of dryness of any kind.
- It can also be used in the entire body.
c) Rice Face Scrub
For this pack, you will need to take equal amounts of rice and masoor dal and soak it in a spoonful of milk for 1-2 hours. Then, grind it into a fine paste and add a pinch of turmeric to it. If you find the texture to be very coarse, then you can also add some homemade unsweetened curd to it.
- The paste of rice helps in cleansing the skin and removing excess oil from the skin.
- It also removes makes of ageing from the skin like loose skin, wrinkles, and crow’s feet.
- The masoor dal is full of antioxidants and helps in removing pigmentations and dark spots.
- Rice and masoor dal both help in preventing breakouts like acne and pimples.
- The curd and the milk help in nourishing the skin from the inside.
- Turmeric helps in adding a glow to the skin and lightening pigmentations.
d) Multani Mitti Face Pack
This face pack can be easily made with Multani mitti, aloe vera pulp, sandalwood powder, turmeric powder, and some rosewater. This pack can also be used on the face and all over the body, especially on the elbows and knees.
- Multani mitti is known to clear the skin by exfoliating the dead skin cells gently.
- It also makes the skin tone even by lightening any pigmentation.
- It removes any impurities and absorbs excess oil, which adds an amazing glow to the skin.
- Sandalwood powder has soothing properties which make the skin cool and hydrated. It also helps in getting rid of any irritation, redness or swelling on the skin.
- Turmeric powder lightens the skin tone and adds a radiance to the skin.
- Rosewater tones the skin and hydrates it from the inside.
e) Fruit and Vegetable Mask
For making this pack, you can blend almost any fruit or vegetable into a paste and apply it to any part of your body. It is a simple hack for glowing and radiant skin at home since it can be made with leftover fruits and vegetables in the kitchen and washed off at your convenience.
We are listing a few of them below:
- A paste of papaya nourishes the skin from inside and makes it softer, supple, and more radiant.
- A paste of potatoes and tomatoes helps in getting rid of tan marks and pigmentation.
- Shredded cucumber is famous for helping in getting rid of dark circles and pigments. It also hydrates the skin by bringing a healthy glow to the face.
- A paste made of grapes is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants which nourish the skin and has proved to be highly efficient in bringing out a rich glow and radiance to the skin.
- A paste of watermelon increases the water retention capacity of the skin and is a very simple hack for glowing and radiant skin.
- A paste made out of the peel of pomegranates is full of antioxidants and protects the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. It also helps in adding glow and radiance to the skin.
- Applying lemon juice to the areas which are pigmented will help in making them lighter and making you more glam.
In this article, we have discussed the simple hacks for glowing and radiant skin at home in detail. Even though chemical treatments leave us with an instant glow, we seem to ignore the impact of those strong chemicals on our bodies in the long run.
The cool thing about home remedies is that you will never bear the brunt of any side effects unless you are allergic to something. The magic of Indian households is in the fact that the things of our everyday use if used strategically, help in adding glamour to our persona like nothing else.
These simple hacks for glowing and radiant skin at home can be life-altering since they are easy, natural and the procedure does not take much time, which makes it accessible for everybody. Just try a combination of these simple hacks, and thank us later!
Table of Contents