Let me take a guess, you are never satisfied with your braid or your bun, because of your dull and lifeless hair. You think no hairstyle goes with your flat hair. Even after trying several tricks and going through several ordeals like applying DIY hair mask, using different hair care products you haven’t even experienced the slightest improvement, right? If yes, then probably what you need is nothing but a good quality hair serum.
A hair serum is a multitasking hair care product which serves many purposes such as it restores the luminosity of your hair, makes your hair smooth, adds gloss and shin to your hair, hydrates dry hair, and protects your cuticles from damage. It has the magical capability of transforming your hair.
However, today’s market is abundant in hair serums; each of which makes alluring promises to gift you healthy hair mane. But all of them cannot do what they promise instead they can leave adverse effect to your hair. Therefore a hair serum if chosen not carefully can do serious blunder.
Now, to choose that right serum for your hair is an unnerving task as you have to keep in mind so many details such as its composition, labels etc. To make that job easier we have assembled a list containing the most effective hair serums available in India, but before that let’s have a look at other rudimentary details regarding a hair serum.
What is a Hair Serum?
Hair serums are liquid in texture which consists of ingredients like silicones, ceramides and amino acids. It does not get absorbed within your cuticles rather it creates a protective layer on your cuticles.
Benefits of Using a Hair Serum
A hair serum works wonder for your hair because it has countless benefits, some of which are:
- Hair serums are designed in such a way that it does not get penetrated within your hair shaft; as a result it forms a layer on your cuticles which performs as an armor to safeguard your hair against any damage.
- The silicones within a hair serum smoothen the surface of your hair which makes your hair soft and smooth.
- The emollients properties which, a serum contains seal moisture within your hair that in return keeps your hair hydrated and moisturized.
- As hair serums reflect light, your hair looks vibrant and lustrous.
- The amino acids and other active ingredients in a serum make hair strong and sturdy; therefore split ends and hair breakage get reduced with time.
- Serums which are silicone-based come with lower pH level which as a result minimizes hair damage.
- By using a hair serum, the untamable frizzes and curls become easy to comb and manage.
Best Hair Serums Available in India
Now make yourself comfortable as I am going to provide you the much desired list that contains the best hair serums available in the market:
1. L’Oreal Paris Extraordinary Oil Hair Serum
My next pick is this serum from L’Oreal which is one of the leading cosmetic brands in today’s world. Its international reputation is justified as it never fails to impress its consumers by providing quality products and this serum is no different as it perfectly does what it promises.
This unique formula is an amalgamation of 6 rare flower oils and other botanical extracts. Coconut oil which this serum contains is loaded with different nutrients and micronutrients which sustain hair from within. It also hydrates hair and seals the moisture within the hair shafts which helps to keep hair moisturized and soft.
Read Also: 10 Best Skin Tightening Creams for Face in India
Another ingredient, soybean oil abounds in lipids and fatty acids which get absorbed easily and keep hair strands moisturized for a long time. The lotus oil revitalizes hair and produces protein to heal damaged hair. Besides, it makes your hair vibrant and healthy.
This lightweight formula smoothens the rough texture of hair and makes hair healthy and bouncy. A single-use transforms dull, lifeless hair and makes it luscious and dazzling. It also protects hair from excessive heat when you go through different styling treatments.
- Tames unruly hair.
- It is an amalgamation of 6 rare oils and other botanical extracts.
- Infuses life into dull and damaged hair.
- Protects hair from excessive heat.
- Can be used in versatile ways.
- Reduces hair breakage and split-ends.
- Contains chemicals.
2. Biotique Bio Mountain Ebony Vitalizing Serum
Your hair is delicate; therefore it needs something which is free from harmful chemicals. This serum from Biotique is completely organic and amalgamates the goodness of natural ingredients.
This powerful serum is enriched with extracts of long pepper, mountain ebony, neem, mulethi, pudina, kusumbhi, pippali, kachnar and Himalayan water. As neem contains anti-bacterial properties, it helps to guard hair and scalp against any bacterial or fungal eruptions. It also beautifully contains the problem of flaky scalp and dandruff.
Mountain ebony is another wonderful ingredient which has several benefits for your hair such as it ensures healthy hair growth, reduces hair fall, controls frizz, moisturizes hair and makes hair dense and thick. While mulethi deeply cleanses scalp by removing extra greasiness, pudina being a great source of antioxidants stimulates new hair growth and prevents hair fall.
- Stimulates new hair growth.
- Keeps scalp fresh and toned.
- Calms itchy scalp by reducing irritation and dryness.
- Nourishes hair from root to tip.
- Furnishes a lustrous shine, smoothness and strength.
- The consistency is very runny.
3. BIOLAGE Smoothproof Deep Smoothing Serum
Is your hair frizzy and gets easily tangled? If yes, this serum from Matrix is the most suitable choice for you as it going to provide you the desired result by smoothing your hair shafts.
This powerful formula is enriched with ingredients like grapeseed oil, avocado oil, sunflower seed oil and rosemary extract. While grapeseed oil strengthens your hair from the root, the avocado oil reduces breakage, split ends and smoothens the surface of your hair shafts.
Check Also: Top 10 Best Vitamin C Serums in India
Sunflower seeds oil has anti-inflammatory properties which soothe and calm itchy scalp. It also moisturizes hair and guarantees fast hair growth. Rosemary oil in it on the one hand stimulates new hair growth and on the other hand, provides sufficient nutrients for the well-being of your hair.
This formula being non-sticky guards hair from humidity and dust and also seals the smoothness without weighing your hair down. It single-handedly tames all the frizzes, moisturizes rough ends and adds luster and gloss to your hair shafts.
- Nourishes hair from within.
- Instantly controls frizzes and tangles.
- Lends a smooth feel to each hair shaft.
- Adds gloss and shine.
- Reduces breakage and split-ends.
- Moisturizes dry hair.
- Not suitable for extremely fine hair as it weighs down fine hair shafts.
4. Streax Hair Potion Serum
This hair serum from Streax promises to give you instant shine and smoothness. It blends the goodness of Walnut oil and Vitamin E so that your hair remains glossy and silky all day long.
Walnut oil provides deep nourishment and prevents hair from breaking. As it is a storehouse of omega 3 fatty acids it prevents scalp damage, infections and promotes new hair growth. Vitamin E supplies an adequate amount of antioxidants which maintains the health of your hair. Besides, it hydrates hair deeply which in return keeps your hair soft and smooth.
- Dull and frizzy hair strands get transformed and become shiny and lustrous.
- Enriched with walnut oil and vitamin E oil.
- Provides instant shine and smoothness.
- Does not make hair greasy.
- Can be used before any styling treatments.
- The result does not last long.
5. Livon Hair Serum for Women
This serum is specially designed for those unruly and untamable hair frizzes. It breathes new life into rough and dry hair. One of its main ingredients is Moroccan Argan oil which moisturizes and hydrates hair instantly and your hair shaft becomes soft and smooth. It also reduces the flakiness of the scalp and safeguards hair from everyday damage.
As it provides intense hydration and nourishment, the split-ends get reduced. Besides with regular use, your hair becomes thicker and full.
- Furnishes deep moisturization.
- Provides intense smoothness.
- De-tangles hair and tames hair frizzes.
- Creates a lubricious layer on your hair which protects hair from getting damaged.
- Not suitable for oily hair and oily scalp.
6. Mamaearth Onion Hair Serum
If you are searching for a reliable and effective hair serum, this serum from Mamaearth is another competitor in the world of serums which can assuredly gift you frizz-free, healthy hair.
One of its major ingredients is onion seed extracts which have multitudes of benefits for your hair. The sulphur which it provides prevents hair loss and increases the production of collagen which consequently increases the production of healthy cells and hair growth. Moreover, it also augments blood circulation in the scalp which activates the latent hair follicles and causes new hair growth.
Biotin which is a form of Vitamin B increases keratin production in hair which increases the rate of follicle growth. D-Panthenol moisturizes hair and increases the elasticity of your hair strands that as a result reduces the chances of hair breakage and split-ends.
It also forms a thin protective layer on your cuticle, thereby making it more lustrous, vibrant and shiny. Olive oil which is another ingredient of this serum moisturizes scalp prevents dandruff and makes fragile and brittle hair stronger and sturdier.
- Its nourishing properties keep tangles and frizzes at bay.
- Being enriched with sulphur it strengthens hair strands and reduces breakage and split-ends.
- The formulation is completely natural.
- Bio-actives strengthen hair and improve the overall health of your hair.
- Free from harmful chemicals.
- Safe for color-treated and chemical-treated hair.
- The consistency is a bit thick.
7. WOW Skin Science Red Onion Black Seed Hair Serum
Are you in search of a serum that will not only make your frizzes manageable but will also strengthen your hair? Then this serum is going to be your ideal option.
This water-based formula blends natural ingredients which work collectively to enhance the texture of your hair and to bestow you an unparalleled smoothness. Red onion seed oil is stuffed with loads of sulphur which serve many purposes such as it strengthens hair shafts, maintains the pH balance of hair and prevents hair thinning.
Black seed oil is another wonderful ingredient which on the one hand supplies deep moisturization for dry hair and on the other hand reduces hair fall. It also resists premature ageing, improves scalp health and safeguards hair against environmental damage.
Watercress which this serum contains abounds in zinc and sulphur which together improve the texture of your hair shafts, shield your hair and scalp against any bacterial and fungal infection. The other nutrients in watercress keep scalp moisturized toned and conditioned without any irritation or inflammation.
- Is stuffed with bioactive ingredients such as red onion seed oil, black seed oil, watercress etc.
- Boosts a healthy shine and gloss.
- Smoothens rough texture of hair.
- Revives weak hair shafts by promoting blood circulation in the scalp.
- Comes with the goodness of black seed oil which being rich in fatty acids forms a protective barrier on hair strands.
- Protects hair against UV damage.
- Is not suitable for extremely curly hair.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to use a hair serum on my hair?
Just after washing your hair, take a very small amount of the serum on your palm. Now rub it with both hands and gently massage your hair with your hands. First, start with the mid-section of your hair and now proceed towards the tip of your hair. Don’t use too much serum as this can make your hair greasy and oily.
When to use a hair serum?
According to the hair experts, the best time of applying a hair serum is just after washing your hair. After washing your hair, pat it dry and then take 1-2 drops of serum on your palm, rub it and then evenly distribute it onto your hair.
Can I use a hair serum daily?
If your hair is extremely dry, frizzy and unmanageable you can use a hair serum daily. But if your hair and scalp are oily, then you don’t need to use a hair serum on a regular basis. In that case, apply hair serum after shampooing your hair.
Does hair serum work?
A hair serum creates a layer on your hair shafts which works as a shield to protect hair from excessive heat and other environmental damages. Serums also have emollient properties which moisturize rough hair and make them smooth and frizz-free. Besides, a hair serum also adds shine and glow to your hair.
- 7 Hair Care Products Every Woman Should Have
- How to Get Smooth Hair Naturally at Home (6 Secret Tips)
- 10 Amazing Benefits of Avocado Oil for Hair
- 8 Home Remedies To Remove Facial Hair Quickly With Guide
Hence, girl it can be said that hair serum is an undaunted warrior when the point comes to restoring the shine and luster of your hair. This hair care product works like a magic to tame or manage your unruly hair.
Additionally, a serum reduces hair fall, improves the texture of your hair and adds volume. Now I can guess that you are convinced and are going to include a hair serum in your beauty routine. Just invest in any one among the above products and beam with lustrous hair!