Every girl knows how important role a bra plays in her daily day-to-day life. But in these days when you decide to buy a bra, you almost get puzzled and confused by its thousand variations such as push up bra, demi-cup bra, padded bra, balconette bra and many more and each one of them works best when they are matched with the right type of dresses.
However among all these variations, probably the most efficient and efficacious bra is a T-shirt bra which we should hoard at least one or two to always remain at the safe side of the table.
What it is?
A t-shirt bras are especially designed to wear under tight-fitting, thin T-shirts. It has smooth, coherent and seamless cups that fit perfectly and does not show any bump or lump or any textures under your dresses no matter how thin or tight-fitting your clothing are.
Where the Difference Lies?
A t-shirt bra is way different than a normal or standard bra. The main difference lies in:
- Padding: Most T-shirt bras are equipped with padding to furnish that perfect shape. The thick padding in the lower parts of the cups helps to lift and provide that extra support to your boobs so that it looks more formed and more structured. Another benefit which you can reap by wearing padded T-shirt bra that it cancels out all the chances of nipple-showing.
- Seams: Another major difference between a standard bra and a T shirt bra rests in seams. T shirt bra has to be always seamless; otherwise, it will not be able to provide that texture-free fitting.
- Underwire: In this point t shirt bra varies as some come up with underwire, some do not. Having underwire means more firm grip and more support but if you don’t want to go with an underwired t shirt bra, you can fall back on molded cup t shirt bra to gain same level of grip and support.
Why Use T-shirt Bra?
A T-shirt bra has multiple benefits. If you are still confused then let’s see some of its benefits and the reasons behind its outright popularity:
- No embarrassing situation: Being thin, normal bras are enough perceptible underneath tight-fitting clothes. In that case you may have to feel embarrassment as there are high chances that your nipples can be seen through those fragile bras. But girl, in t shirt bras, no such things will happen and you can say good bye to all those embarrassment and uneasiness.
- No prominent bra lines: Another advantage of wearing a t-shirt bra is that it does not create any lines or bulging. For its seamless cups and thick band it gets adjusted properly with your breasts; hereby no creases, textures or bra lines instead it proffers smooth, structured form.
- Optimum comfort and support: T-shirt bras with their moulded cups supply exceptional support and comfort. Wearing this you can do whatever you like, jumping or running or anything you like.
- Structured shape: As most t shirt bras are armed with padding or moulded cups, it lifts your breasts which in return enhances your overall look, makes a silhouette that is more structured and chiseled.
Types of T-shirt Bras
To choose the perfect one you have to know all the varieties of a T-shirt bra. Let’s see some of its varieties:
- Moulded T-shirt bra: In this type of bra, the cups are smoothened by heat or machine. Hence these bras generally come up with thicker fabric to give extra support and shape.
- Padded T-shirt bra: The cups have padding which is made of foam.
- Full cup T-shirt bra: These are designed for heavy-busted women who want extra support for their breasts. These resist all those extra bulge, bump and side pilling.
- Demi cup T-shirt bra: These are made to cover half portion of the breasts.
- Deep neck T-shirt bra: It possesses deep V-neckline which goes perfectly with low-cut dresses.
- Strapless T-shirt bra: It comes with either padding or side boning. These strapless t shirt bras are ideal for off-shoulder dresses or cross back dresses.
- Push up T-shirt bra: These generally lift the breasts tissues and draw them together to create an illusion of cleavage.
How to Choose a Perfect T-Shirt Bra?
Before choosing a t shirt bra just go through your previous bras and note down the size. Then try to pick one which is made of soft and smooth material. Don’t forget to pay attention to the color; while choosing a color always go with skin color. While giving a trial if you feel any pressure or slight pinches for the bra bands, skip that one and try another.
Read Also: Complete Guide on How to Measure Bra Size
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between T-shirt bra and regular bra?
T-shirt bras have seamless moulded cups that make this bra suitable for wearing underneath thin T-shirt or any close fitting garment.
Which bra is best to wear under t-shirt?
T shirts are generally thin, hence under a t-shirt you have to wear a bra which fits beautifully without any bumping, that none but a t shirt bra can provide.
What are the best t-shirt bra brands in India?
There are several brands in India which can satisfy you with their up to the mark quality. Such brands are Jockey, Clovia, Zivame, Triumph, Pretty Secrets etc.
What is the difference between t-shirt bra and push up bra?
T shirt bra has seamless cups that moulds beautifully underneath your garments but push up bras slightly lifts the breasts to create an illusion of cleavage. Read more about pushup bra here.
Are t-shirt bras supportive?
Yes, t shirt bras with their moulded cups and thick bands furnish extreme amount of support.
Does t-shirt bra make you look bigger?
No t shirt bras do not make you look bigger instead through seamless molded cups it rewards you a structured silhouette.
- Minimizer Bra: Everything that You Need to Know About It
- 10 Most Common Female Health Problems and Solutions
- Difference Between Wired and Non-Wired Bra: Which is Better For You?
- 11 Big Disadvantages of Not Wearing Underwear
Hence it’s time that you should shed off all your misconceptions regarding this extremely beneficial item. Just grab the right fit and shape and nothing can stop you to attain that lucrative, structured silhouette.