Skin aging and its signs showing up every now and then is a major problem faced by most women in recent times. In fact, not just aging skin, other similar factors concerning the facial dimension have been concerning women constantly. A desire for well-defined features of the face is something that all women out there look forward to.
But, can all be naturally blessed with such the perfect jawline and cheekbones? Well, the answer to that is none other than a simple ‘no’. However, women today are luckier owing to the benefits of the cosmetic industry. The world today has witnessed women achieving their goals in no time.
With the different cosmetic products offered by different brands all throughout, it has come up as a dream come true situation for women seeking to have a well-defined sharp facial feature. It is none other than face contour techniques that can help elevate your look in no time.
A slimmer face can now be attained with the help of a few makeup products at hand. But the trick lies in discovering the right products to use and the right way to go about with face contouring. Women today, go head over heels in reaping full benefits out of any cosmetic product they use. Similar is the case with contouring products as well.
That’s how we have come to the need for this article today. For all the women out there, struggling to get their ideal facial goals met, you have landed at just the right place. Through this article, we’ll take you on a roller-coaster ride on discovering all aspects you need to know before you kick start with your contour process. Thus, without further ado, let us get into the discussion.
Learn About The Magic Of Makeup
Not everything you use in your day-to-day life has the capability to make you look just the way you always wanted it to be. However, when it comes down to makeup, there is no scope for a second thought in this regard. Makeup can change your life by changing the way you look.
Professional makeup artists around the globe today are filling their pockets with a huge amount of money by just upskilling on few aspects that can help change your appearance in no time. But, not always can one afford to spend huge bucks on getting a well-sculpted face. That’s where the need to learn contouring skills comes into play.
To ace the face contouring journey, the primary job is to get hold of good brushes and a good sculpting kit. Without these two primary items, the journey would be an incomplete one. Both individual brushes for experts as well as beginner kit brushes are available for a beginner too. A lot of brands are involved in the making of sculpting brushes and mostly picking one out of the lot gets difficult.
However, face sculpting in the broader sense of the term resembles a lot of features. For example, to get the ideal look, sculpting the nose is equally important as it is for the cheekbones, forehead, and jawline. Among all, it is the cheekbone contour that helps get the ultimate slim-looking facial dimension. Isn’t it magical to know that makeup can do wonders for your appearance? Well, I am quite sure the answer would be a yes.
Face Contouring Guide For A Slimmer Face
Now that you know the wonders that makeup products can cause to your appearance, the next step would be to learn how to do it. Here we are talking about none other than face contouring. Where on the one hand, for skilled people, it is just a matter of seconds to get the job done, on the other hand, for the less skilled ones, the contour process can either make or break the whole look.
To put it in simpler terms, it is all a game of proportion that will help bring about ideal results. Thus, here I have for you a vivid guide on how to contour your face to get the ultimate slim facial dimensions. Let us get started:
- Picking a two-shade contour stick is perhaps how one can achieve the most effective results. Each shade must be a minimum of two shades darker and lighter than your natural skin tones respectively.
- For the ones with a broad forehead, marking the darker shade of contour stick onto the hairline can get you the appearance of a better proportion forehead that in turn would look natural.
- Next up is the cheekbone. For the cheekbones, locating the ideal place of contour might be tricky for beginners. But here is a trick, making a fish pout tends to bring forth the area that needs the attention. Hence, one can easily mark the cheekbones by using this simple yet effective method.
- Following the cheekbone is the nose that needs the contour to make your face look slimmer. For the nose, depending on the length and width, the sides of the nose can be the area to be highlighted. Also, in certain cases, it can be carried to the brow bone as well.
- After demarcating the locations, it is time for a perfect blend. For this purpose, one can opt for a blending brush or a beauty blender. Make sure the beauty blender is dampened before you kick start the blending process.
- The blending process should be rightly done in small circular motions by dabbing onto the areas where you have applied the product. As a matter of caution, do not spread the product to the whole face and keep it restricted to certain specific areas only.
- While blending, it is important to make sure there are no harsh lines and your contour blends well with the foundation underlying the face already. For a flawless finish, this step is highly encouraged.
- Next up is using the lighter shade to highlight regions beneath the eyes, the forehead, and a bit of the chin region. This elevates the look by making your face look slimmer and well structured. And yes, blending them all in is important.
- Last but not the least, for a well-furnished look, do not forget to line the face with a loose powder or setting spray to ensure the products stay in place for longer periods and do not come off easily.
Top Contour Kit Picks Of 2021
The game of contour involves in itself a range of different shades, each of which has a unique and definite role to play. Most contour kits today come in wholesome packages and you do not need to look for different shades in different pieces. They are mostly a one-in-all pack that has all to meet your contour needs. Having said that, I have for you a list of top pick contour kits of the year. Let us check out:
1. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Total Cover Concealing and Contour Kit
For the ones looking for a drugstore contour kit that is not just good with price but is also worth the quality, this is the best option I have for you. The kit comes with four different shades that are of creamy texture. Thus, it is easy to use and gives you a flawless finish.
2. Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Kit
As a beginner, this is perhaps the best you can get your hands on. The product comes with a contour, a bronzer as well as a highlighter to give you the completed packed-up contour look. If price is not a consideration for you, you can definitely look for this product.
3. e.l.f. Cosmetics Cream Contour Palette
This too is a budget option for all the ladies out there looking for a regular use contour kit at reasonable prices. To bring about the best of your facial features, this kit comes with two highlight shades and two dark contour shades, and thus it can be an ideal pick for many skin tones.
4. Maybelline New York V-Face Duo Powder
This product too will not cost heavily on the pocket and will also get your purpose sorted. It comes in two shades along with a setting powder to finish off the look in no time. This too is ideal for everyday use and is highly blendable.
5. Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt and Contour Kit
This product is a bit different from all others on the list. The reason is that you get a blush along with a highlighter and bronzer. It is a true glam product and can be your go-to for any event. In no time, you can get your face prepared with just the right dimension.
Frequently Asked Questions
With all the discussion about face contouring, I am sure a few inquisitive questions are cropping up in the heads of the readers at the moment. Thus, under the subhead, I have a list of few commonly asked questions along with probable answers. Let us delve into the session:
Is the contour process the same for all kinds of face types?
Well, the basic process is the same but, depending on the face shape and type, the area of highlight might differ. The right proportion at just the right points can help achieve a desirable look that rightly suits a specific facial dimension. Reflecting on those features that need attention is the key to a successful contoured face.
Is it important to apply blush to the apples of the cheeks?
To bring about the best possible look after the contour process, it is suggestive to apply some subtle shade of blush to the apples of the cheeks. However, this is not an important process in the contour process but, it only contributes in a positive way. Thus, for a better outcome, accompanying a blush would be advisable.
Is it important to prep the face before contouring?
Prepping the skin is a crucial step that just cannot be missed out on. Without a prepared face, the contour or any other products applied does not tend to stay for long and can wash off easily and in turn make your skin look greasy or dull. Thus, it is important to get a healthy preparation done before the contour.
Which areas of the face need a lighter shade highlight during contour?
Primarily, a shade or two lighter than the original skin tone needs to be highlighted. Especially, regions like the bridge of the nose, the chin, the center of the forehead, the undereye area need to be overshadowed with contour to give an ideal dimension to the face.
There is no scarcity of makeup products ruling the world. Every woman deserves a face that she has been admiring always. Today, all such dreams are given the opportunity to come off true to their terms. Earlier, surgical methods were the only rescue to getting a well-dimensioned face.
Today, no such painful method is entertained. But with just a few strokes and bits, you are all good to go about flaunting your beautiful and slim face. Fixing the nose or a broad forehead or a double chinned face is no longer a major concern. The fact that you can do it anytime and at any hour of the day is in itself enthralling.
With that, the purpose of the blog is solved and all the readers are in search of different know-about on how to get a face contour done just the right way and what products to use for the same. Now that you are equipped with all the knowledge, there is nothing that can restrict you from looking elegant in the crowd. Thus, get heads turning right away.
After all, why miss out on the job of a face that makes you not just look beautiful but also feel confident alongside. Isn’t it a great opportunity to reap off full benefits? Well, it indeed is. So, all the ladies out there, what else are you waiting for? go about and flaunt your slim face with just a few strokes of makeup.